Thursday, July 17, 2008

1st Week at work

After 1 week at work, i finally worked out the best way to get to and fro work. Haha. For my first 2 days, I took the bus 55 + bus 90/94route, which actually took me 1hr plus a little to get to work, and back home. However, I realised an even faster route. Even though I have to change buses 3 times, yes 3 times, I just need half the traveling time.

Best Route: bus 13/88 to opposite SPH, bus 93 to near airport road, then bus 90/94 to get to office.

I have calculated the traveling fares. Turned out to be the same for both methods. So not that bad, can get home faster.

There is a cheaper way though, but still took me about an hour each time. MRT to Toa Payoh, then bus 90. Shall just stick to my best route though.

Work is getting more and more intense. My 'mentor', Patrick is going to leave the company in 2 weeks, and I am supposed to take over his stuffs. I was shocked, but flattered to have him think so highly of me. Ha. i will try my best, even though the electrical wiring diagrams make me blur. Practice makes perfect. I believe I would be proficient in that given some time.

When taking a colleague's transport to Seletar air base, he told me that he went to Brazil and USA one year each place during his stint in ST Aero. Apparently, the company looks for volunteers to go overseas. Best if they can get people to be posted there long term - 2 to 3 years. I was like thinking, if there happened to have a chance, I would love to go overseas for work, but not so long-term. Ha. As a newbie, I guess there is still a lot to learn here first. However, if I dun get a chance any sooner, I believe I would not want to go overseas in 2 - 3 yers. Dunno why, but probably as you get older, you have more burdens like family and stuffs.

DILEMMA. Haha. Probably 3 months later would be a good time, but I dun think it's possible when the department is shorthanded.

Hmmmm...

WORK HARD!

No comments: