Monday, July 7, 2008

30/6 - 5/7 In-Camp Training

This ICT seemed to be the slackest of all for me and my fellow signalers in the Scout Platoon. For the first time, the other people in the platoon had more stuffs to do than us.

Signalers - riding + HHTI + IPPT + observing mortar live firing
Bashers - SAW training + IPPT + GPMG training + GPMG live firing
Drivers - driving + GPMG training + GPMG live firing

The GPMG thingy in the whole ICT was the killer. Because we were not really trained to use the GPMG, lots of time was spent on that. Poor bashers and drivers. hoho.

For me, ICT was the time to slack, just before starting work. It was where I started reading my first ECONOMIST. I have to say that the magazine was quite informative and interesting, not as bad as I had thought. Probably if I can somehow get my hands on free copies of ECONOMISTS, I can read it on my way to and fro work.

Another good news. My runnings during the free time in the last past 2 months bore fruits too, as I passed my IPPT in my first attempt during this current window. Haha. Ran like a dog, and with the help of Ryan Loke who asked me to open my strides the last 200m, I managed to clear the 2.4km run with a time of 12min08sec. Pass = $100 + no RT. Woohoo!

Last thing to talk about ICT - the food. Apparently, the food supplied by the Singapore Food Industry to the cookhouse have improved by leaps and bounds since the time I was serving NS. Haha. In some of my mealtimes, I even went for 2nd helpings of chicken wings and fish fillets. Either my appetite had grown or the food really was nice. I remember the takeaway from cookhouse for the time we came back from outfield training - I ate 2 packets lor. Haha. First time man.

All in all, ICT was not so bad. I dunno why people would want to find excuses to defer from ICT. Meeting old friends whom you have not met for the past few years, knowing how they are all doing, getting a break from the hectic work schedules.

Alright, now that I am done with my convocation today, the next thing to look forward to - 1st day of work. TOMORROW! Haha. Hope colleagues are nice, food in canteen is good, and last but not least, shuttle buses to and fro Bishan. Wait till my next update!

No comments: