Saturday, August 9, 2008

1st Month Anniversary at Work

It's been 1 month since I started work at ST Aero, and I have already started on some real work. I heard from working friends who said they were still in their learning phase, and did not have much to do at work. Sometimes I do envy them that they have nothing much to do, but on the other hand, I prefer to have work to keep me occupied, so time flies faster at work. Haha.

For now, I would prefer to keep myself on my toes, doing some stuffs, so as to be able to show I can do work. Haha. My current mentor James just got promoted to Senior Engineer, and he is into his third year in ST Aero. I heard from others that there's this girl, Cindy, who got promoted to Senior Engineer from Engineer after just 2 years. I wonder if I can follow her footsteps. 3 years seem a little long for me. I really hope I can prove to everyone that I am someone capable.

Was reading in the papers that turnover rate in Asia job market is very high, due to people looking for advancement in their careers. I believe this is true, but only to a small extent. Only applicable to capable people. Haha. I wonder if I would be one of those. Not that I am already thinking of jumping ship, but really, if career advancement is slow especially if the department is quite big, I dun see why not! Haha

In a career, advancement = money? To me, hmmm. If given a choice, probably I would take MONEY? haha. I mean given the current situation, I would prefer having the money first. You need money to do stuffs, like getting married and getting your house. So I guess the aerospace industry is a good start for me. If it comes with a good career advancement, that would be even better. For now, I would see myself working here long-term. In the future, no one knows...

No comments: